Theresa Garza, DO
Weight Loss Specialist
Plano, TX 75093
- Non-Surgical Medical Weight Loss
- Body Composition Results
- Female Hormone Therapy
- Food Sensitivity Testing
- hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin)
- Implementing Practical Exercise & Activity
- Improving Quality Nutrition
- Learning healthy behavior modifications
- Male Testosterone Therapy
- Metabolism Testing
- Optimal Overall Health and Well-Being
- Prescription Medication
- Weight Management Programs
<h6 style=”text-align: center;”><span style=”color: #ffffff;”>5+ Years of Medical Experience</span></h6>
- Top10MD 2016 | 2017 | 2018
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2016
- Vitals Patients Choice & Compassionate Award 2011 | 2013 | 2014
- Patient’s Choice Award 2011
- Board Certified, American Board of Obesity Medicine
- Board Certified, American Board of Family Medicine
- Medical School, University of North Texas HSC, Fort Worth, TX
- Residency, Methodist Health Systems, Dallas, TX
- Internship, Methodist Health Systems, Dallas, TX
Cash Pay Prices for New & Established Patients
- 1st visit – $149.00
- 2nd visit – $184.00
- All other office visits – $99.00
Participating Insurance Plans
- Accountable Health Plans of Texas
- Aetna TRS (Baylor Scott & White Network)
- Aetna US Healthcare EPO
- Aetna US Healthcare HMO
- Aetna US Healthcare PPO
- Affiliated Healthcare, INC. PPO
- BCBS HMO
- BCBS POS
- BCBS PPO
- Beech Street
- Choice Care Network
- Cigna Healthcare HMO
- Cigna Healthcare POS
- Cigna Healthcare PPO
- Coventry/First Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Galaxy Health Network PPO
- Great-West HMO
- Great-West POS
- Great West PPO
- Health Smart Excel
- Health Smart POS
- Health Smart PPO
- Humana Choice Care PPO
- Humana Military
- Independent Medical Systems PPO
- Multi-Plan PPO
- Plan-Vista PPO (NPPN)
- North Texas Healthcare Network EPO
- North Texas Healthcare Network PPO
- PPO Next
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Texas True Choice PPO
- United Healthcare HMO
- United Healthcare POS
- United Healthcare PPO
Any plans that require a referral is the responsibility of the member to obtain from her/his PCP (primary care physician) and bring to the first appointment. Please call the office if you have any questions regarding referrals.
We also welcome HSA and FSA accounts.
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Aetna TRS Accountable Network
Scott & White
- Cigna Local Plus Plan
The above costs do not include any prescription medications (such as appetite suppressants, HCG, testosterone, diuretics), B12 injections, or B12/lipotropic injections. At your 1st visit, the provider will review your medical history and recommend blood testing or other additional tests if indicated. Feel free to bring a copy of any recent labs, EKG, or any other information you feel is pertinent for us to determine whether you are a candidate for medical weight loss.
Depending on physician/NP availability, patients are seen on every 6-12 weeks unless otherwise instructed by the physician/NP.
Texas Health Center Diagnostics & Surgery, Plano, TX
Dr. Theresa Garza is a board-certified obesity medicine specialist. She specializes in obesity medicine (Bariatrics), the branch of medicine that deals with the causes, prevention, and treatment of obesity. Her medical (nonsurgical) weight management program is located in Plano, Texas at the Texas Health Center for Diagnostics and Surgery. She does not perform surgery.
All board-certified obesity medicine specialists hold active certification in an American Board Specialty Medical (ABMS) Board (Dr. Garza holds this in Family Medicine). However, she is not a primary care provider or general practitioner. She sees patients for weight loss and weight management only.
Dr. Garza has three experienced advanced nurse practitioners (Diana Patton, FNP-C, Kristin Cove, FNP-BC, and Diana Kedora, FNP-C) who manage patients and have successfully helped multiple patients reach and maintain healthier weights.
The program focuses on learning healthy behavior modifications, improving quality nutrition, implementing practical exercise/activity, and using FDA-approved weight loss medications when indicated. Her philosophy centers around eating the food of good quality, in moderation, and not depriving you. She also believes in regular visits to encourage patients on weight progress, improve accountability, monitor medications, and make necessary modifications in a patient’s ever-changing lifestyle.
Dr. Garza is board-certified by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) and board-certified by the American Board of Obesity Medicine (ABOM). She is committed to continual education through medical lectures and meetings about current and new weight management and anti-aging practices. As a member of various professional associations such as the American Academy of Family Physicians, Obesity Medicine Association (formerly American Society of Bariatric Physicians), Dallas County Medical Society, Texas Medical Association, and Obesity Action Coalition, she stays abreast of the need and growth for bariatric medicine. She is an affiliate physician member of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Dr. Garza and her staff understand your weight loss struggles and commend you for taking this crucial step to improving your health. They strive to give personalized, attentive care to each and every patient. Dr. Garza believes a weight management strategy is a collaboration between both patient and physician/provider and has to be practical for the patient to achieve and maintain success.
We look forward to seeing you in our office!
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- American Board of Bariatric Medicine
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- American Society of Bariatric Physicians
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Obesity Action Coalition
- Texas Medical Association