Low back pain usually begins after an activity, a sudden movement, or lifting a heavy object but can also arise without any strenuous exertion.
Low Back Pain Symptoms
- Soreness, Sensitivity to touch
- Your pain is achy and dull
- You are suffering from muscle spasms
- You have difficulty moving around, standing or even sitting
- Your pain is traveling, moves around to your groin, buttock, upper thigh or down your leg.
A possible cause of low back pain can be a simple muscle strain – with heat or cold packs and time the pain will slowly dissipate. When the pain begins to travel to the buttock, leg and/ or foot you may have a case of sciatica.
- Ongoing pain as opposed to flaring up every few days
- Weakness, numbness or difficulty moving a leg or foot appears
- Tingling or burning begins
- Standing still or sitting for long periods worsen your pain than when you’re walking
- Your pain is typically on one side of the buttock or leg
When your low back pain begins to affect your everyday life and impedes your ability to do the things you love to do it’s time to see a specialist. As we age degenerative disc disease begins to set in and should be monitored by an orthopedic surgeon you can trust.
Dr. Jeffrey Lue is a Dallas and Plano Orthopedic Surgeon and Sports Medicine Specialist. Founder of Advanced Orthopedics, Dr. Lue is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedics. Dr. Lue offers state of the art techniques in orthopedic surgery. Named Top10MD in 2016 an honor only 1-in-3 doctors succeed within the United States. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Jeffrey Lue, click on his profile or call his office at (972)964-2626.