John Conway, MD
Sports Medicine Specialist
Orthopedic Specialty Associates
800 Fifth Avenue
Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Complex Elbow & Shoulder Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Injuries Of The Musculoskeletal System
- Joint Cartilage Degeneration
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Throwing Injuries
5+ Years of Medical Experience
Dr. John Conway specializes in sports medicine with an emphasis on diagnosing and treating throwing injuries. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
Dr. Conway served as the physician for the Texas Rangers for 15 years. Currently, Dr. Conway serves as the orthopedic consultant for the Fort Worth Cats professional baseball team and the University of Texas at Arlington athletics.
Dr. Conway received a B.S. from Baylor University in Waco, Texas. He received his M.D. from the University of Texas Medical School in Houston, Texas. After completing his internship at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Kentucky and a residency through the Fort Worth affiliated hospital program in Fort Worth, Texas, Dr. Conway completed a fellowship at the renowned Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic in Los Angeles, California.
Dr. Conway is currently a part of Texas Health Physicians, an affiliate of Texas Health Resources. He also serves as Medical Director for Ben Hogan Sports Therapy Institute at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth.
Dr. Conway is a diplomat of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, fellow American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, fellow American College of Surgeons, active member American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, active member American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine, active member Arthroscopy Association of North America, and an emeritus member Major League Baseball Team Physicians Association.
Dr. John Conway | Education
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine, Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic, Inglewood, California
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, Fort Worth Affiliated Hospitals Program, Fort Worth, Texas
- Internship, Rotational, Fort Worth Affiliated Hospitals Program, Fort Worth, Texas
- Internship, Internal Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- Medical School, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas
- Undergraduate, Baylor University, Waco, Texas