Ken Hopper, MD
The Hopper Group
3500 Oak Lawn Ave.
Dallas, TX 75219
- Adjustment Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorders
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attack
- Panic Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Medication Evaluations
- Psychosocial Coaching
33+ Years of Medical Experience
Dr. Ken Hopper is a board certified in psychiatry and neurology. Dr. Hopper and The Hopper Group welcome you to their practice. Having practiced Psychiatry throughout his twenty-five-year career, Dr. Hopper is pleased to provide his patients three convenient locations. Having a mental health issue can be disconcerting, but there is no reason you need to travel that road alone.
The Hopper Group Specializes In
- Anxiety Disorders
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Attacks
- Attention Deficit Disorder
Psychiatric therapy takes a collaboration – between you the patient and the doctor and the other providers to create the outcome you desire.
Therapy takes a conscious and determined effort to commit to the treatment prescribed and a willingness to start on the road to healing.
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Medication Evaluations
- Psychosocial Coaching
- Flexible Office Hours
- Convenient Dallas, Fort Worth & Arlington Locations
Take that first step and call us today to schedule your first appointment. Together we will work on an individual basis creating the perfect plan for you.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Active contribution to professional workgroups and associations not only helps in personal growth and development but also gives to these organizations regarding experienced input and advice.
– The American Psychiatric Association: Dr. Hopper, a member of the APA, and the Texas affiliate, TSPP, for many years, is also one of only a handful of professionals nationally who are working on the productive integration of behavioral services into medical settings. He is an active participant of two major subcommittees.
– The American Telemedicine Association: Dr. Hopper has been involved with and has attended the annual meeting of this organization for several years. Telemedicine technology will likely propel the patient-centered, personalized medicine efforts of the future. Dr. Hopper incorporates the latest findings and technologies into several of his clinical offerings.
– The American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology: Dr. Hopper is a member of this group who advances research and understanding of the biochemical interventions in behavioral health.
– The American Neuropsychiatric Association: This organization promotes the effective integration of psychiatry and medicine, and has been a major force in the research of effective interventions. Dr. Hopper has been a member for five years.
– The American College of Physician Executives: Dr. Hopper is his career has served as medical director of hospitals and as a national medical director for a large behavioral healthcare organization. He understands and advocates for smart, targeted, and adequate funding for mental health. Membership in this organization allows for contributions to national efforts such as population health.
As a professional citizen of the community, Dr. Hopper believes that it is a great honor to give financially and of his time to impactful organizations who help citizens both locally and nationally.
– The Parenting Center: Dr. Hopper was elected to serve on the board of this important not-for-profit organization in 2012. The Parenting Center provides families the tools to succeed by offering parenting and marriage education classes on more than 50 relevant topics, counseling services for children, adolescents, and adults, as well as co-parenting classes/services and case management.
– National Alliance on Mental Illness: Dr. Hopper is Annual Leadership Awards Donor and Leadership Alliance Member. NAMI is America’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to the improving of lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness.
– The University of Texas at Arlington School of Nursing: Scholarship donor and originator of the Gloria Sampson nursing scholarship fund. Gloria was a favorite practitioner of many patients at The Hopper Group. The Hopper Group began a fund in her name upon her death in 2010. Several nursing students have expressed their thanks for the support received in their nursing education.
- Top10MD | 2016 | 2017 | 2018
- 2012, 2013, and 2014 “Top Doc’s” Award Recipient for Tarrant County in Fort Worth Magazine. (Has been the recipient in previous years.)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Leadership Alliance: Contribution to this grassroots organization led to recognition in November 2011
- Beta Gamma Sigma International Business Honor Society 2010
- Principal speaker at the international conference entitled “Mental Health Commissioning” in June 2008, London, UK.
- The management of health care with an emphasis on outcomes was discussed for those in the government-sponsored environment.
- Primary presenter at The National Business Coalition on Health in 2007
- The role of best pharmaceutical practices in the promotion of cost-effective care was discussed.
- Participant in September 2007 at The Center for Health Transformation and Booz Allen Hamilton national conference entitled, “Alzheimer’s disease: A Megacommunity Approach to Prevention, Detection, and Treatment.”
- May 2005: Invited to be a panelist at the Consumer Directed Health Care Conference and The Health, Wellness, and Prevention Congress. Chicago
- Exemplary Psychiatrist National Award 1997
- Award nominated and voted by patients and their families through NAMI (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill)
- Phi Beta Kappa 1981
- Alpha Chi Honor Society
- As a member was awarded the Baylor Junior Class Scholarship for highest premedical academic performance
- Alpha Epsilon Delta Premedical Society
- Summa Cum Laude graduate of Baylor University 1981
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Forest Pharmaceuticals
- Bristol Meyers Squibb
- Trained in IMPACT Model of Integrated Depression Care in New York, June 2011
- Master of Business Administration in a combined program with The University of Texas at Dallas and The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, May 2009
- Awarded Certificate of Medical Management from The University of Texas at Dallas, Southwestern Medical School, December 2003
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality from National Association for Healthcare Quality, January 2001
- Board Certified in General Psychiatry: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Residency in Psychiatry: The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School completed July 1989
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston graduated May 1985
- Bachelor of Science, Premedical/Biology: Baylor University, graduated May 1981, Summa Cum Laude
The Hopper Group accepts several insurance plans along with reasonable private pay rates. Call us today to discuss your payment options.
If we are in-network with your insurance carrier, we will file your claims directly with your carrier. If we are not in-network, we will provide you with the necessary paperwork so that you may file your insurance claim.
The Hopper Group also accepts:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Lifecare Hospital, Fort Worth, TX
- American Medical Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Telemedicine Association
- American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Texas Medical Association
- Tarrant County Medical Society