Kenneth Garza, OD
- Bulging of one or both eyes
- Dark curtain or veil that blocks your vision
- Decreased vision, even if temporary
- Diabetes mellitus
- Distorted vision
- Double vision
- Excess tearing
- Eyelid abnormalities
- Family history of eye disease
- Halos (colored circles around lights)
- High blood pressure
- HIV or AIDS
- Injury to the eye
- Loss of peripheral (side) vision
- Misaligned eyes
- New floaters (black “strings” or specks in the vision) and/or flashes of light
- Pain in the eye
- Thyroid disease-related eye problems (Graves’ disease)
- Unusual red eye
5+ Years of Medical Experience
Dr. Kenneth Garza attended the University of South Carolina in Columbia, South Carolina where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in biology. He then attended the University of Houston College of Optometry in Houston, Texas.
Dr. Garza is board certified by the National Board of Examiners in Optometry. He is certified in the Treatment and Management of Ocular Disease by the National Board of Examiners. He is licensed to practice optometry in the state of Texas. He is also a certified Optometric Glaucoma Specialist and member of the American Optometric and Texas Optometric Associations.
Dr. Garza specializes in pre- and post-operative management of cataract and refractive surgery patients, including LASIK. He fits hard and soft contact lenses, including toric and multifocal lenses.
When not in the office, you can find him on a golf course or strumming his guitar. During football season, he roots for his beloved South Carolina Gamecocks. His wife Bita is an optometrist also; his two children, Layla, 5, and Gavin, 3, are not!