Conclusive research has found a direct link between the consumption of fruits and vegetables to lower blood pressure and risk for cardiovascular disease.
Details of the Fruit & Vegetables Study
A study by the European Society of Cardiology was conducted over 7 years on half a million individuals from 10 diverse locations in China. The individuals were to report how much fruit they consumed on a daily basis, whether it be daily, 1-3 times per week, 4-6 times per week, monthly, or never at all.
Conclusions of The Study
The average age of the individuals was 50 years old. The results showed that those who consumed fruit daily lowered their risk for heart disease by 25-40% more than those who never ate fruit. More specifically, the benefits of eating fruit resulted in lower blood pressure.
Another Study Proves the Same Conclusion
In another study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute conducted on 110,000 men and women over 14 years of time, the results were the same, concluding that those who ate fruits and vegetables daily had a lowered risk of cardiovascular disease. Even more conclusively, they linked the consumption of citrus fruits such as grapefruits, oranges, lemons, and limes, to have especially protective benefits.
Benefits of Fruits & Vegetables
- Fiber –Fruits and vegetables have fiber which helps keep your digestive tract normal as well as helps fill you up.
- Lower in Calories – Fruits and vegetables are naturally lower in calories than many other snack foods.
- Vitamins & Minerals – Because fruits and vegetables are loaded with vitamins and minerals, your body will feel healthy and energized.
- Convenient & Quick Snack – They are easy to grab for a snack and there is plenty of variety you can choose from.
- Health Benefits – As stated earlier, daily consumption of fruits and vegetables can reduce your risk of heart disease.
Schedule your appointment with Dallas Preventative Cardiologist Dr. John Osborne.
Dr. John Osborne is a Dallas Fort Worth Preventive Cardiologist. Dr. Osborne is tripled boarded in Hypertension, Cardiac CT Angiography, Echo & Nuclear Cardiology. Dr. Osborne is a recognized national and international speaker on preventive cardiology. Named Top10MD in 2016 – an honor only 1-in-3 doctors succeed within the United States. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Osborne click on his profile or call his office at 972.488.9656