Michael Sutker, MD
Surgical Consultants of Dallas
7777 Forest Ln.
Dallas, TX 75230
- Adjustable Gastric Band
- Bariatric Re-Operative Procedures
- Duodenal Switch
- Gastric Bypass
- Gastric Surgery Revisions
- General Surgery
- Lapband Removal
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Minimally Invasive Bariatric Surgery
- Removal of Adjustable Gastric Bands
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Vertically Banded Gastroplasty
5+ Years of Medical Experience
Dr. Michael Sutker is a Dallas Texas board-certified general surgeon and a Plano Texas native. Dr. Sutker practices at Medical City Dallas where he specializes in treating conditions and performing surgical procedures with minimally invasive techniques.
Dr. Sutker specializes in the surgical treatment of obesity, acid reflux, esophageal motility disorders, and paraesophageal hernias. Skilled in abdominal wall defects, including inguinal, umbilical, ventral and incisional hernia repair as well as gallbladder disease, appendicitis, and diverticulitis. He utilizes both standard laparoscopy and robotic-assisted laparoscopy and is the Medical Director of Robotic Surgery and the Chair of the Advanced Clinical Advisory Board.
Obesity was recognized as a disease by the American Medical Association in 2013. Bariatric and metabolic surgery is a proven, effective and enduring treatment for obese patients in need. Dr. Sutker is experienced in all aspects of Bariatric Surgery and happy to discuss your options.
Having graduated from the University of Texas at Austin, he then attended the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas where he received his medical doctorate and completed a general surgery residency. In addition, Dr. Sutker was fellowship trained in minimally invasive and bariatric surgery at the University of California San Francisco.
Dr. Michael Sutker has the experience and knowledge to take care of any surgical needs for you and your family. Accepting new patients, call him today at (972) 566-7860.
- Top10MD 2017 | 2018
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Medical Director, Robotic Surgery
- Chair, Advanced Clinical Advisory Board
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Board Certified, American Board of Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Fellowship, Minimally Invasive & Bariatric Surgery, University of California, San Francisco
- Certified in the Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery
- Certified in Basic Training Course for Robotic Console Surgery
- UT-Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery (SCMIS) Robotic Surgery Program
- Medical School, University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas TX
- Residency, University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas TX
- Undergraduate, The University of Texas at Austin
Dr. Michael Sutker accepts most healthcare insurance. Please contact Dr. Sutker’s office for more information.
- Medical City Dallas
- Ambulatory Surgery Center – Medical City Dallas
Publications & Papers
- Barber FA, Herbert MA, Schroeder FA, Aziz-Jacobo J, Sutker MJ. “Biomechanical testing of new meniscal repair techniques containing ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene suture.” Arthroscopy. 25 (9): 959-967. Sept 2009
- Yopp A, Sutker MJ. “Plexiform Neurofibromatosis of the Liver.” Poster presented at the North Texas Chapter of the American College of Surgeons in Dallas TX, 2012
- Sutker, MJ. “The history of Surgery at UT-Southwestern.” Presented at General Surgery Chairman’s Rounds- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas TX, 2013
- Carter J, Sutker, MJ. “Bariatric Surgery and Orthopedics.” Presented at Orthopedic Grand Rounds- University of California- San Francisco CA, 2013
- Carter J, Sutker, MJ. “Bariatric Surgery and Obstetrics.” Presented at CME Course- the University of California- San Francisco CA, 2013