Maryann Prewitt, MD
- Annual Exam
- Breast Exam
- Endometrial Ablation
- Fibroid Removal
- IUD Implantation
- Pelvic Prolapse
- Robotic Oophorectomy
- Scar Tissue Removal
- Intone Device
- Benefits of Vaginal Rejuvenation
- FemiLift: Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation
- InTone for Urinary Incontinence
- Male Impotence – GAINSWave™
- Hemorrhoid Removal
- Body Sculpting & Contouring – Sculpsure™
- CO2 Fractional Laser: Skin Resurfacing
- CO2 Laser Pen
- DermaSweep – Medical Grade Microdermabrasion
- Injectables: Botox & Juvederm
- Laser Hair Removal – Soprano XL Laser
- Laser Vein Reduction – YAG Laser
- LED Lightwave Therapy
- Photofacials – AFT
- Pixel – Laser Skin Rejuvenation
- SkinPen II
12+ Years of Medical Experience
Dr. Maryann Prewitt has been practicing Gynecology in North Texas for twenty years. Her private practice is located at Forest Park Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. Dr. Prewitt holds Master’s Certification in the da Vinci Surgery System-the minimally invasive technology revolutionizing the future of surgical practices. She was also awarded the coveted “Felix Rutledge Fellowship” in Gynecological Oncology at The University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. Dr. Prewitt consistently brings her passion for education to her medical practice. The most successful patients are the most informed-Dr. Prewitt consistently advocates for her patients through ongoing education.
Always on the cutting edge of medicine Dr. MaryAnn Prewitt is excited to offer her patients SculpSure Body Sculpting.
Everybody has problem areas on their bodies where they feel insecure. What if we told you that HealthWellnessMD could help you eliminate those problem areas without resorting to surgery? Our skilled doctor will help you regain confidence in yourself by performing non-invasive, non-surgical body contouring and sculpting procedures so you can wear the clothes you want to wear without feeling self-conscious about your figure. You deserve to look and feel your very best without having to go under the knife and putting yourself at unnecessary risk for complications.
- Top10MD | 2016 | 2017 | 2018
- Fellow, America College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Cum Laude, St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia, PA
- Faculty, St. Louis University, MO
- Board Certified Fellow, American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Master’s Certification in the da Vinci Surgical System
- Credentialed Menopausal Specialist through the North American Menopause Society (NAMS)
- Certification in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement
- Clinical faculty member at St. Louis University Medical School serving as Director of Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy Surgery
- Internship and residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Washington University Medical Center, Barnes Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
The following insurance providers are accepted at HealthWellnessMD. Payment is also accepted with all major credit cards. Please contact our office directly for more information regarding insurance and payment.
- BlueCross BlueShield
- Golden Rule
- North American Menopause Society (NAMS)
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
Body sculpting is a non-invasive procedure done through the use of lasers. SculpSure in particular uses a 1060 nm hyperthermic laser, which was chosen through years of extensive research and development. Research has found that this exact wavelength can penetrate the skin and destroy fat cells underneath without harming the surface of the skin and other tissues at all.
When the sculpting begins, the first four minutes are used to warm up the target area and the fat cells underneath. In the next 21 minutes, the laser alternates between 25-second warming phases and 10-second cooling phases. These cooling phases are needed in between the warming phases so that the laser won’t overheat the skin. Although there are cooling phases dispersed in between the warming phases, there is enough optimal heat retained in the fat cells while the laser is cooling.
When the body sculpting session is done, over the next few weeks, your lymphatic system will naturally clear the killed fat cells from your body, thus leaving you with a trimmer body. When diet and exercise (even on a long-term basis) fail to get you the body you desire, body sculpting is the perfect solution to trimming out the stubborn fat.
Benefits of Body Sculpting
With today’s advances in technology, many people are good potential candidates for body sculpting. Long gone are the days of going under the knife for liposuction. This non-surgical alternative to liposuction brings many benefits to the table, such as:
• Short treatment time of 25 minutes
• Little to no discomfort during the treatment
• Up to 24% reduction in stubborn fat in areas such as the abdomen and love handles
• Effective with all weight (BMI)
• Noticeable results in 6 weeks
• Optimal results seen in 12 weeks
• No recovery time is needed
• Resuming daily activities as normal immediately
• Improving your longevity and reducing health risks due to excess fat areas
As mentioned above, body sculpting is a great way to get rid of stubborn fat that just won’t go away, despite rigorous diets and exercise. Body sculpting can also help you fight the effects of time, as it reduces collagen, tightening and lifting skin in problem areas. Since body sculpting can reduce and eliminate collagen that make up scars and stretchmarks, you’ll be able to wear shorts and bathing suits that show off your body once again.
Dr. Prewitt graduated cum laude from St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia with a B.S in Chemistry. She is a graduate of The University of Texas Medical School in Houston, Texas. Dr. Prewitt completed both her internship and residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Washington University Medical Center, Barnes Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri. Dr. Prewitt was also faculty at St. Louis University, heading the Laparoscopic, Hysteroscopy Surgery Division and High-Risk Obstetrics. Dr. Prewitt began practicing Gynecology in the Dallas area in 1996 following her prestigious residency at Barnes Washington University.
A Board Certified Fellow, America College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (FACOG), Dr. Prewitt is among the first to be credentialed by the North American Menopause Society (NAMS). She is an expert in minimally invasive gynecological procedures, FDA-approved Bio-identical Hormones and Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anti-Aging, Nutrition, and Fitness.