Prostate Conditions, Infertility, Frequent Urination…
What is Urology?
Urology is the treatment of the male and female urinary system, as well as, male reproductive organs.
Urology covers a range of organs including the bladder, urethra, kidneys, adrenal glands and male reproductive organs like the prostate, testes, penis. A Urologist is trained to diagnose, treat and manage conditions ranging from kidney stones, urinary tract infections, incontinence to prostate cancer and bladder cancer.
Signs You Need to See A Urologist
Do you feel like you have the world’s tiniest bladder? You just can’t shake that urinary tract infection, or you get them all the time? Do you tinkle when you cough, laugh or sneeze? Are you noticing blood in your urine? These things happen, and there is nothing shameful about it. But you should take them seriously because your symptoms could get worse if gone untreated or be indicative of a larger urological problem.
Millions of men and women suffer from conditions like these every year. If you are experiencing any one of these issues, it’s time to see a Urologist.
According to the American Urological Association there are seven urology sub-specialties:
- Calculi – Urinary Tract Stones
- Female Urology – Urinary Incontinence, Pelvic Outlet Relaxation Disorders
- Male Infertility
- Neurourology – Voiding Disorders, Urodynamic Evaluation, Erectile Dysfunction, Impotence
- Pediatric Urology
- Renal Transplantation
- Urologic Oncology – Cancer
Urology is complicated, and your problem will likely exceed a regular Doctor’s scope of knowledge.
Conditions & Diseases Urologists Treat
- Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Bladder Infections Both Chronic And Acute
- Blood In The Urine
- Female Incontinence
- Genitourinary Fistula
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Low Testosterone
- Male Erectile Dysfunction & Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Male Factor Infertility
- Pelvic Pain
- Pelvic Prolapse
- Stress Incontinence
- Urge Incontinence
- Urinary Frequency And Urgency
- Urinary Retention And Incomplete Bladder Emptying
- Urinary Stones
Testing & Procedures Urologists Perform
- Adult Pyeloplasty
- Bladder Suspension Slings for Urinary Incontinence
- Cryosurgery – Kidney & Prostate
- Cystectomy for Bladder Cancer
- ExtraCorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy for Kidney Stones
- Green light Laser Therapy
- In-Office Surgery
- Interstim for Urinary Incontinence
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy
- Minimally Invasive – Office Procedures
- No Scalpel Vasectomy
- Pelvic Floor Reconstruction for Pelvic Prolapse
- Penile Dopler Ultrasound
- Penile Implant (Prosthesis) for Erectile Dysfunction
- Penile Injection Therapy For Erectile Dysfunction
- Prostate Biopsy
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostatitis Treatment
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Therapy – RapidArc
- Robotic Surgery – da Vinci® Surgical Robotic System
- Sacral Nerve Stimulation (Interstim)
- Semen Analysis
- Surgical Treatments
- Testopel for Low Testosterone
- Tibial Nerve Stimulation
- Transurethral Microwave Therapy for Enlarged Prostate
- Urodynamic Evaluation
- Vasectomy Reversal
FIND A Top10MD UROLOGIST NEAR YOU
A top-notch, experienced Urologist will have all the tools and training needed to get to the root of your problem and significantly improve your symptoms.
There are hundreds of Urologists to choose from; however, not all doctors are created equal. Urology takes the skill and finesse of an experienced Surgeon. That’s why we’ve selected your city’s best Urologists – to make the decision process easier for you and your family.
For your peace of mind, Top10MD Urologists’ credentials are validated yearly to verify medical licenses have no serious patient care sanctions, current Board Certifications in their given medical specialty, current DEA & DPS licenses, and malpractice insurance. A Top10MD has at least 5+ years experience or has performed 300+ procedures in their given specialty and a current Patient Satisfaction Score of 8.5 or higher.