10 Million Adults Suffer from Back Pain – Get back in the game!
An estimated 10 million adults suffer from chronic back pain, making back pain the number one cause of healthcare expenditures in the United States.
Spine Surgeons today have expertise in treating any condition with the spine.
Orthopedic Surgeons and Neurosurgeons who focus on the spine treat both children and adults with all different kinds of spine disorders. Spinal care includes spinal deformities, trauma, tumors, degenerative diseases, infections of the spine and much more.
If you are experiencing symptoms like back pain, neck pain, weakness in your limbs or numbness, you may require treatment from a Top10MD Orthopedic Surgeon or a Neurosurgeon, who specializes in Spine Surgery.
Conditions of the Spine – Advanced treatment techniques utilizing minimally invasive procedures can treat the following:
- Herniated and ruptured discs
- Kyphosis and scoliosis
- Spinal fractures including coccyx fracture and vertebral compression fracture
- Sports-related injuries to the spine: neck sprain, vertebral compression fracture, and muscle strain
- Spine tumors & infections: osteomyelitis and cancer in the bone
Surgeons specializing in Spine Surgery are trained specifically in spinal treatments, including minimally invasive spine surgery, spinal reconstructive surgery, revision spinal surgery, pediatric and adult scoliosis, and treatment of spinal compression fractures, electrodiagnostic studies, and diagnostic and therapeutic spine injections.
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Traditionally, spine surgery involved a long incision near the spine allowing the surgeon access to the area they’re operating. Today, advancements in technology have allowed many spine surgery procedures to be performed laparoscopically through small incisions. The smaller the incision, the less downtime and pain after surgery you will experience. Another benefit is the large muscles surrounding your spine are not damaged.
When to Choose Spine Surgery Over Therapy or Medicine
Minimally invasive surgery is performed after physical therapy and non-surgical treatments, which may include medication to help relieve the pain and symptoms you are experiencing are exhausted. If non-surgical options do not relieve your suffering, your only options are to one live with it, or two have the right surgery to relieve your pain. Also, understand if you are in acute pain immediate surgery may be needed.
Spine Surgery a Multi-Disciplinary Approach to Care
Spine programs take a multi-disciplinary approach, as spine problems are multi-faceted. Not all spine patients require surgery, and you may not be one of them. Spine Surgeons offer surgical and non-surgical procedures including Chiropractic Medicine and Acupuncture.
FIND A Top10MD SPINE SURGEON NEAR YOU
It’s important that you trust your Spine Surgeon. There are hundreds of Spine Surgeons to choose from; however, not all doctors are created equal. That’s why we’ve selected your city’s best Spine Surgeons – to make the decision process easier for you and your family.
For your peace of mind, Top10MD Spine Surgeons’ credentials are validated yearly to verify medical licenses have no serious patient care sanctions, current Board Certifications in their given medical specialty, current DEA & DPS licenses, and malpractice insurance. A Top10MD has at least 5+ years experience or has performed 300+ procedures in their given specialty and a current Patient Satisfaction Score of 8.5 or higher.
Take Control of Your Health & Schedule a Consultation Today!
- Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection
- EMG: Electromyography
- Facet Joint Injections
- Lumbar Epidural; Steroid Injection
- Lumbar Radiofrequency Neurotomy
- Lumbar Tranforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection
- Medial Branch Block
- NCS: Nerve Conduction Study
- Radiofrequency Neurotomy of the Cervical Facets
- Sacrolliac Joint Steroid Injection
Surgical Procedures for the Spine
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Treatment of Spinal Infections
- Removal of Spine Tumor
- Complex Revision Surgery
- Spinal Deformities
- Artificial Disk Replacement
- Motion Preservation Surgery
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy Fusion
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion
- Artificial Cervical Disc Replacement (PCM)
- Cervical Laminaplasty
- Cervical Posterior Foraminotomy
- Cervical Laminectomy with Fusion
- Total Disc Replacement: Synthes Prodisc-C
- ALIF: Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- ALIF: Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Artificial Lumbar Disc Replacement
- Lumbar Disc Microsurgery
- Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- PLIF: Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Spinal Fusion
- TLIF: Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- XLIF: Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion