PLASTIC SURGERY | COSMETIC
Over 200,000 liposuctions are performed yearly in the US. Even with diet and exercise we still have problem areas; that’s why liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the United States today.
Twenty years ago liposuction was an expensive procedure limited to people with fat wallets. These days the procedure is affordable; from school teachers to models, businessmen to athletes. Thanks to technological advancements made in the area of plastic and cosmetic surgery are more affordable and less invasive than ever before; this means more and more people are getting liposuction as a weight loss option, mainly to deal with stubborn fatty areas.
Areas Liposuction Can Treat
- Inner Thighs
- Outer Thighs
A minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that involves permanent removal of fat cells. There are several types of liposuction available today:
- Tumescent Liposuction
- Ultrasound-assisted Liposuction
- Laser Liposuction
Are You a Good Candidate?
The procedure may be right for you if:
- You have stubborn deposits of fat in problem areas
- You have realistic expectations
- You have good skin elasticity
- You are in good health
- You are at your average weight or slightly above average weight
Your plastic surgeon will help you determine if this is the right procedure for you during your consultation. Many cosmetic surgeons will offer complimentary consultations.
Liposuction Costs & What to Expect
- Cost – Considered an elective procedure your insurance will not cover the cost of the procedure. The average cost of according to the ASPS is approximate $2000-$5000. The cost does not include anesthesia, operating room facilities and other related costs. The good news, most plastic surgeons, offer financing options, cash, checks, and credit cards. Fees will be discussed during your initial consultation.
- The Length of Procedure – The procedure takes between 2-6 hours, depending on the amount of fat removed.
- In/Out Patient – Performed outpatient procedure. It is always a good idea to bring a friend with you to surgery because you will likely be sore after surgery.
- Anesthesia – Depending on the number of areas addressed your doctor may choose to utilize a general anesthesia. Otherwise, the procedure is performed under twilight. Local anesthesia may also be an option depending on the technique utilized. Your plastic surgeon will review this during your consultation, so you know what to expect before and after surgery.
Any procedure comes with its set of risks and complications. Thankfully risks are somewhat rare with this type of procedure:
- Uneven shape or contours
- Skin discoloration
- Nerve damage
- Blood clots
- Ripples in your skin
- Blood or fat clots
FIND A Top10MD PLASTIC SURGEON NEAR YOU
It’s important that you trust your Plastic Surgeon. There are hundreds of Plastic Surgeons to choose from; however, not all doctors are created equal. That’s why we’ve selected your city’s best Plastic Surgeons – to make the decision process easier for you and your family.
For your peace of mind, Top10MD Plastic Surgeons’ credentials are validated yearly to verify medical licenses have no serious patient care sanctions, current Board Certifications in their given medical specialty, current DEA & DPS licenses, and malpractice insurance. A Top10MD has at least 5+ years experience or has performed 300+ procedures in their given specialty and a current Patient Satisfaction Score of 8.5 or higher.