PLASTIC SURGERY | COSMETIC
Gynecomastia, or “man boobs” is a benign enlargement of the male breast. This common condition affects as many as 40-60% of men. If you are self-conscious of the way your chest/breast look, then liposuction and removal of glandular tissue is your answer. Liposuction is a corrective procedure which can reduce the size of the male breast, restoring a more natural appearance.
The condition is common in adolescent boys, and 90% of the time symptoms disappear in a matter of months. But the remaining 10% are burdened with a social handicap that can cause deep emotional distress. Breast reduction through liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that your plastic surgeon has been performing for years.
Causes of Gynecomastia
- Steroid abuse
- Genetic disorders
- Chronic liver disease
- Klinefelter Syndrome
- Gilbert’s Syndrome
What Is The Solution?
The best candidate for a suction assisted lipectomy breast reduction is a man who has large breasts with good skin elasticity that consist primarily of fatty tissue. Some breasts are composed almost entirely of fat, with very little real breast tissue. Men with this type of breast are very good candidates for breast reduction through liposuction. The amount of reduction that can be accomplished with SAL varies with the proportion of fatty tissue to breast tissue, the degree of fibrous tissue, and the patient’s desire regarding size.
Advantages of breast reduction liposuction or SAL: Utilizing “tumescent with or without ultrasonic liposuction”, Your plastic surgeon can reduce the size of the breast by up to 90%. The unwanted fat cells are removed, and the skin shrinks back through compression.
Breast reduction through liposuction or “SAL” provides a lower risk of complications, a higher level of patient satisfaction, and a quick return to normal activities. Your scars are about the size of a grain of rice which will fade over time.
- Restriction of activity due to embarrassment
- Appearance in mirror, photographs, and clothing
- Emotional distress
What Can Gynecomastia Help Accomplish?
- Help reduce emotional insecurities
- Improve the overall appearance of your breasts
- Two – four ¼ inch incisions are made in the crease of your breast, tumescent fluid is infiltrated, cells are an ultrasound and the fat cells are removed.
- I.V. sedation or general anesthesia
- Outpatient procedure
- Dressings, support garment
- Return to normal activities usually within 2 to 3 days
FIND A Top10MD PLASTIC SURGEON NEAR YOU
It’s important that you trust your Plastic Surgeon. There are hundreds of Plastic Surgeons to choose from; however, not all doctors are created equal. That’s why we’ve selected your city’s best Plastic Surgeons – to make the decision process easier for you and your family.
For your peace of mind, Top10MD Plastic Surgeons’ credentials are validated yearly to verify medical licenses have no serious patient care sanctions, current Board Certifications in their given medical specialty, current DEA & DPS licenses, and malpractice insurance. A Top10MD has at least 5+ years experience or has performed 300+ procedures in their given specialty and a current Patient Satisfaction Score of 8.5 or higher.