Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is one of the most commonly performed procedures in the United States.
It works by beaming a high concentration of light onto hair follicles, which absorb the light, and the hair gets destroyed.
Laser hair removal can be performed in areas such as the face, underarms, bikini line, and legs.
Laser Hair Removal Is Not Just For Women!
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- Speed – The laser pulses take a fraction of a second, and can treat many hairs at one time. Every second, lasers can treat an area the size of a quarter. While the lips can take as little as a minute to treat, the back, or the legs may take up to an hour.
- Predictability – 90% of patients experience permanent hair loss after 3-5 sessions.
- Precision – Lasers can be selective on area they treat, and target dark, coarse areas of hair while leaving the surround area of skin undamaged
How To Prepare
- Avoid plucking, waxing, and electrolysis for six weeks prior to treatment
- Avoid sun exposure six weeks before and after treatment, as it makes hair removal less effective
Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- Hairs will be trimmed to a few millimeters above the skin
- Laser equipment will be adjusted according to color, thickness and location of hair being treated
- Depending on the light source, you and the technician may need to wear eye protection
- A trial area of skin will be tested and observed for a few minutes before undergoing the whole process
- After the procedure is completed, ice packs, cold water, or inflammatory creams and lotions may be used
- A follow up treatment should be scheduled 4-6 weeks later
Cost of Laser Hair Removal
The cost of treatment usually depends on how much area is being treated, and how many sessions is will take to remove the hair. A single session usually costs $235. Other factors that can affect cost are whether a doctor or technician is performing the procedure, and what part of the country you are having it performed.
For 1-2 days after surgery, the areas treated will look and feel like it is sunburned. Moisturizers and cool compresses will help. If the face was treated, makeup can be worn a day later. During the following month, your hair will fall out. It is very important to wear sunscreen the following month, to prevent the area treated from changing color.
People with darker complexions may experience blisters, although this is rare. Other side effects include redness, swelling, and scarring.
FIND A Top10MD MEDICAL AESTHETIC SPECIALIST NEAR YOU
There are thousands of Medical Aestheticians to choose from; however, not all are created equal. Medical Aesthetics takes the skill and finesse of an experienced Medical Aesthetics Specialist. That’s why we’ve selected the finest Medical Aestheticians in your city – to make the decision process easier for you and your family.
For your peace of mind, Top10MD Medical Aesthetic Specialists’ credentials are validated yearly to verify medical licenses have no serious patient care sanctions, current certifications, and insurance. A Top10MD has at least 5+ years experience or has performed 300+ procedures in their given specialty and a current Patient Satisfaction Score of 8.5 or higher.
Take Control of Your Health & Schedule A Consultation Today!
*Note – Medical Aesthetic Specialists come from many different specialties that share an interest in the specialty.