Your Bariatric Surgery Options
We have all heard of the different types of weight loss surgeries, but do you really know the difference between them? And how do you know which one is right the right procedure for you? Remember, the ultimate goal for weight loss surgery is not for appearance but for regaining your health.
Types of Bariatric Surgery
- A silicone ring is placed around the top of the stomach and adjustments to eating habits are made.
- The stomach is reduced to 15% of its original size. The shape is similar to a banana or tube-like structure.
- The stomach is divided into two sections, a small upper pouch, and a larger lower pouch. The small intestine is then connected to both pouches resulting in your food being processed differently.
Changes After Bariatric Surgery
- Eating habits – You will never eat the same again.
- Exercise habits – Maintaining weight loss requires exercise.
- Psychological changes – Most doctors recommend regular follow up appointments and 6-months nutritional and psychological counseling
Schedule your appointment with Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Sheetal Patel today.
Dallas Bariatric Surgeon Sheetal Patel, MD is Director and Founder of 360 Bariatrics. Dr. Patel is Fellowship trained and Board Certified by the American Board of Bariatric Surgery. Dr. Patel uses the Da Vinci Robotic System to perform robotic weight loss procedures, foregut surgery (hiatal/para-esophageal hernias) and uses single site robotic technology for the removal of the gallbladder. 360 Bariatrics enables patients to lead healthy, happy and productive lives without experiencing unhealthy weight gain in the future. Named Top10MD in 2016 an honor only 1-in-3 doctors succeed within the United States. Call Dr. Patel’s office today and schedule an appointment at (972) 596-5225.