Are You In Need of A Detox?
Is it hard to remember the last time you had a good night’s sleep without waking up in the middle of the night? How about your sugar cravings, are they through the roof? And those allergies.. every year do they seem to be worse than before? If so, you may be in need of a detox. According to Dr. Jeffrey Morrison, an integrative physician from New York, he can spot someone in need of a detox from a mile away!
By Detox.. We Don’t Mean A Weird Juice Concoction!
Oftentimes unique juice concoctions are void of protein and full nutrients and high in sugar, thus leaving your blood sugar levels and cravings on a wild roller coaster. Further more, fatigue sets in when your typical daily diet crashes to a frightening low number of calories.
Through these 5 signs and symptoms, Dr. Jeffrey points out 5 specific targeting cures that fall more closely in line with homeopathic remedies that area available at pharmacies and specialty grocery stores.
5 Signs that You Are in Need of A Detox
1. Difficulty Staying Asleep: According to Dr. Morrison, a sign your liver is under stress is when you pop awake in the middle of the night. Whether it be from alcohol or medications, this is a sign that the liver is working harder than it should to detoxify chemicals in your body.
Short Term Remedy: Glycine. This supplement helps produce GABA, which acts like a calming neurotransmitter. If mixed with water and drunk before bed, it can help you sleep
2. Sugar Cravings: Part of the importance of a detox is not just eliminating toxins within the body but also helping to quit unhealthy habits like eating too much sugar. It is important to realize that a juice cleanse is not going to help quitting on sugar consumption, says Dr. Morrison.
Short Term Remedy: 3 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in water helps eliminate sugar cravings, who knew?
3. Allergies: According to Dr. Morrison, if it seems like your allergy symptoms seem to be getting progressively worse, it could very easily mean that your body is worn down, instead of the pollen actually getting worse.
Short Term Remedy: Local Bee Pollen. Dr. Morrison states that as little as 1-2 granules of bee pollen before breakfast, while slowly working up to a half teaspoon two times a day is a natural way to desensitize to local flowers. And it begins from the inside of your body, outward through this oral ingestion.
4. PMS: It’s not necessarily normal to get PMS symptoms like clockwork every month, says Morrison. There are slight changes you can make to actually decrease crankiness and feeling bloated. Simply doing this detox diet 50% of the time, people have seen considerable changes in their PMS symptoms says Morrison.
Short Term Remedy: Evening Primrose oil. This seed oil has a lengthy track record for it’s anti-inflammatory properties. It can be taken 1-2 times per day.
5. Rashes: Our skin can oftentimes show what’s going on inside our body. Especially something like itchy hives can tell you that your body is inflamed. It could be that the main adjustment that needs to be made is eliminating inflammatory foods.
Short Term Remedy: Dr. Morrison recommends an anti-histamine called HistDao, which is an enzyme that breaks down histamines in the body and can be taken 2x per day.