Having surgery on your spine is a very serious matter. These days, choosing a spine surgeon is no easy matter. You should not choose just anyone; you should only want the best.
Here are a few tips that should help find the right spine surgeon.
Spine Surgeon Checklist
- Board Certifications – The American Board of Orthopedic Surgery certifies Spine Surgeons. If you have a doctor that is not certified, you should run away immediately.
- Experience – Everyone has to start somewhere, but when it comes to spine surgery, you should look for experience, not being an experiment.
- Empathy – Back problems can be very severe, and your doctor should be understanding and empathetic toward your needs.
- Minimally Invasive Options – Choosing a doctor that is experienced in minimally invasive spine surgery is best. Minimally invasive surgery leads to a quicker recovery.
- Be Aware of Lasers – Do not get sucked into the trap that lasers are a minimally invasive way to cure your back problems. Lasers cannot cut into bone; therefore, it will not help your spine problems.
- Innovative – Your doctor should be innovative and give you only the best options for curing your problem.
- Thorough – Your doctor should take very good care of you and look at all the options for treating your problem. Treatment should be specific to your needs.
- Professionalism – Respect and professionalism are very important. If you feel disrespected, you should move on.
- Credentialed – Hospital privileges is a must for a spine surgeon. If your doctor is not credentialed, you could be working with an imposter.
- Open Minded – Spine Surgeons should always be open-minded about your care. If one treatment does not work, they should be open to trying new and different options.
Following these tips should help you get the right doctor. If you are in need of surgery, you should look no further than Top10MD. We only work with the best. Our spine surgeons not only meet these criteria, but they will go above and beyond to give you the care you need.
If you are experiencing back pain and spine issues, contact a Top10MD Spine Surgeon today and schedule a consultation.