- Top10MD | 2016 | 2017
- Clinical Instructor, University of California, San Diego, CA
- Clinical Instructor, Michigan State University, Farmington Hills, MI
- Nationwide, Ranked Number 3 (among all orthopedic surgeons sitting for oral board examination)
- 3rd Highest Score in the Country, American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery Oral Examination
- 1st Place, Best Resident Paper and Presentation, Michigan State University, Farmington Hills, MI
- Compression Fractures of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Textbook, Chapter co-author Spine Trauma, 2nd Edition, Awaiting Print, 2011
- Vascular Anatomy of the Spinal Cord Textbook, Chapter co-author Spine Trauma, 2nd Edition, Awaiting Print, 2011
- Minimally-Invasive Spinal Fusion Procedures Textbook, Chapter co-author, The Lumbar Intervertebral Disc, by Drs. Frank Phillips and Carl Lauryssen, In Press, 2009
- Board Certified, American Osteo Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship, Spine Surgery, University of California, San Diego, CA
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, Michigan State University, Farmington Hills, MI
- Internship, Michigan State University, Farmington Hills, MI
- Medical School, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Undergraduate, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Please contact the office of Dr. Mark Valente to confirm your insurance plan is accepted.
- Methodist Hospital for Surgery, Addison
- Plano Surgical Hospital
- Baylor Plano
- Preston Surgery Center, Frisco
- Pine Creek Medical Center, Dallas
- Dallas Metro Surgery Center
- Parkway Surgical and Cardiovascular Hospital, Ft. Worth
- Elite Orthopedic and Spine Surgery Center, Bedford
Dr. Mark Valente is a board certified spine surgeon serving the Fort Worth area for over 5 years. He has had over 10 years of experience and is a specialist in minimally invasive procedures. Dr. Valente is an expert in solving back issues and quickly returning patients to active, pain-free lives. He is often recognized by patients, colleagues and peers for outstanding communication skills. He attributes his “bedside manner” to the belief that all patients deserve the utmost attention and respect.
To become an expert in the most advanced techniques and procedures in the field, he trained extensively at leading edge institutions throughout the country. Dr. Valente believes in the body’s ability to heal and will make every effort to attempt to cure a patient’s back pain without surgery. If symptoms continue after non-surgical treatments, he is a premiere spine surgeon who has helped countless patients achieve a healthy, happy, pain-free life. Dr. Valente routinely performs all aspects of spinal surgery – cervical, thoracic and lumbar.
He also performs complex spinal reconstruction and deformity surgeries, including scoliosis and revision surgery for patients who have undergone previous spinal surgery without success.
You can put your mind to ease knowing that Dr. Valente will take care of you and your spine needs. Fill out the form to the right to schedule your free consultation today.
- North American Spine Society
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics