- Top10MD | 2015 | 2016 | 2017
- Faculty at the most prestigious Invasive Cardiology meeting in the country, Transcatheter Therapeutics (TCT)
- Recipient, Outstanding Fellow Award, Hannemann University Hospital
- The Best Doctors in America Award
- Co-Director Vascular Clinical Research The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano
- Principal Investigator Carotid Artery Stent Clinical Trials
- Principal Instructor, Peripheral Vascular Disease Training Courses
- Co-Investigator Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Trials
- Chief Cardiology Fellow, MCP-Hahnemann University Hospital, 2002-2004
- Board Certified, American Board of Cardiology
- Medical College of Pennsylvania-Hahnemann University Hospital Department of Interventional Cardiology Philadelphia, PA
- Completed peripheral and coronary interventional training program.
- Medical College of Pennsylvania-Hahnemann University Hospital Department of Cardiovascular Medicine
Completed Cardiovascular Medicine fellowship training program.
- Medical College of Pennsylvania-Hahnemann University Hospital Department of Internal Medicine
Completed Internal Medicine internship and residency training program.
- Saint George’s University School of Medicine
Grenada, West Indies
- Clinical Clerkships:
New York- Presbyterian Hospital and Robert Wood Johnson University School of Medicine Hospital Affiliates
New York, NY & Short Hills, NJ
Awarded Medical Doctorate degree
- Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT
Awarded Bachelor of Arts degree; Neuroscience Major
Dallas Cardiovascular Specialists accepts most major insurance plans, including Medicare.
- Titus Regional Medical Center, Mt Pleasant, TX
- Baylor Regional Medical Center, Plano, TX
- Baylor Medical Center at Gainesville, Gainesville, TX
- Medical City, Dallas, TX
- Medical Center of McKinney, McKinney, TX
- Medical City Hospital, Dallas, TX
- Baylor Plano Heart Hospital, Plano, TX
Dr. Bruce Bowers is the Medical Director of Invasive and Non-invasive Cardiology at Medical City Dallas Hospital.
Dr. Bowers is a leading authority on minimally invasive cardiovascular procedures to treat valvular heart disease, adult congenital heart disease, carotid artery disease, coronary disease, and peripheral arterial disease. He is frequently asked to teach other physicians these cutting-edge surgeries. He has presented information and updates about many of these new techniques to television news outlets across north Texas.
Dr. Bowers Medical Interests Include
- Structural Heart Disease
- Coronary Intervention
- PFO Closure
- ASD Closure
- Endovascular Repair of AAA
- Carotid Artery Angioplasty and Stenting
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- Brachiocephalic, Renal, Iliac, Femoral, Infrapopliteal Intervention
Dr Bowers continues to develop new techniques and procedures through clinical research trials. He currently either leads or participates in more than six research studies. These studies allow his patients to gain access to the newest and most advanced treatments available for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. A few of the current clinical trials he participates in are listed below.
- PARTNER Trial- Catheter Based Aortic Valve Replacement
- ION Study- New Coronary Stent Technology
- CANOPY Trial- Carotid Stent Trial
- SIMPLICITY Trial- New Procedure for Treatment of High Blood Pressure
- EVALVE Trial- Catheter Based Repair for Mitral Valve Regurgitation
Since 2010, Dr. Bowers has been published in the following peer reviewed medical journals:
- The Journal of Invasive Cardiology (2010)
- The Journal of the American Heart Association- Circulation (2011)
- The New England Journal of Medicine (2012)
His contributions to the field of cardiovascular medicine have earned him several teaching faculty positions at national cardiovascular professional meetings. He has been selected for a second consecutive year to serve as Faculty at the most prestigious Invasive Cardiology meeting in the country, Transcatheter Therapeutics (TCT).
In addition to his clinical responsibilities, Dr. Bowers enjoys spending his free time with his wife and their four children.
- American College of Cardiology
- American Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society