According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, over 1 million chemical peels are performed yearly. Even candidates in their mid 20’s may start to show signs of aging and skin damage.
As we all get older, our skins starts to show signs of sun damage, uneven skin tone, sagging, wrinkles and scarring. But you’re not alone! America spends billions of dollars each year to reverse the aging process.
What is a Chemical Peel?
Based on your age and the damage on your skin, your chemical peel can range from mild to strong. A chemical peel works by peeling off layers of skin, to open pores, kill acne causing bacteria, and improve the texture of your skin.
Your doctor or esthetician applies a chemical solution to the skin, which helps to slough off dead skin cells and promote cell regeneration. A more youthful glow is the result, as the damaged outer layer of skin has been removed. There are several different types of chemical peels. Each type penetrates at a different level, and will be used, specifically based on the needs of your skin.
Types of Chemical Peels
- Superficial peels: mild, reduce fine wrinkles, and treat and prevent acne. No downtime is needed.
- Medium peels: treats acne scars, wrinkles, uneven skin tone. There may be discoloration for up to 6 weeks.
- Deep peels: treats scarring, severe sun damage and uneven skin tone, and deep wrinkles, as well as pre-cancerous growths. Several layers of skin are removed, down to the dermal layer. Local anesthetic is used to control pain and skin may stay red for up to three months. These are the most painful, but produce the most dramatic results.
How Much Do Chemical Peels Cost?
- Light chemical peels are $175 each, treatment of 5-6 peels, 2 weeks apart
- 10-15% TCA peels are about $250 each, needing 3-5 peels
- 20-25% TCA peels are about $500-$750 each, and need 2-3 peels
- After peels, also need: Cortisone lotion and prescription bleaching cream
FIND A Top10MD MEDICAL AESTHETIC SPECIALIST NEAR YOU
There are thousands of Medical Aestheticians to choose from; however, not all are created equal. Medical Aesthetics takes the skill and finesse of an experienced Medical Aesthetics Specialist. That’s why we’ve selected the finest Medical Aestheticians in your city – to make the decision process easier for you and your family.
For your peace of mind, Top10MD Medical Aesthetic Specialists’ credentials are validated yearly to verify medical licenses have no serious patient care sanctions, current certifications, and insurance. A Top10MD has at least 5+ years experience or has performed 300+ procedures in their given specialty and a current Patient Satisfaction Score of 8.5 or higher.
Take Control of Your Health & Schedule a Consultation Today!
*Note – Medical Aesthetic Specialists come from many different specialties that share an interest in the specialty.