Trauma Surgery… hearing the word is frightening!
Do not fear! Trauma surgeons are trained to handle anything that comes through the emergency room. The trauma surgeon is responsible for initially resuscitating and stabilizing, evaluating and managing the patient. The attending surgeon will lead the trauma team including nurses and staff
Trauma Surgeons Address Most Injuries Including
Neck, Chest, Abdomen and Extremities
Specialty Surgeons Will Be Called In On Other Injuries Or Conditions
- Maxillofacial Surgeons – Treat facial injuries including cleft lip and palate surgery, craniofacial deformities, dentoalveolar surgery including implants and wisdom teeth removal, facial and jaw reconstruction, bond grafts to the maxilla and mandible, orthognathic surgery, evaluation and surgical management of nerve injuries, management of maxillofacial pathology, maxillofacial trauma surgery, pediatric oral and maxillofacial surgery, pereprosthetic surgery, sleep apnea surgery, excessive snoring surgery
- Neurosurgeons – Treat the central nervous system including back & neck pain, brain and spinal tumors, spinal disorders and spinal cord injury
- Ophthalmology Surgeons – Treat eye injuries, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal and corneal disorders, tumors including melanoma, neurological eye disorders, eye trauma, diseases and injuries affecting the structures around the eye
- Orthopedic Surgeons – Treat skeletal injuries including foot and ankle, hand and wrist, head and neck, hip conditions, knee conditions, shoulder conditions, tendonitis, spine conditions
- Plastic Reconstructive Surgeons – Treat facial, ear and hand injuries, breast reconstruction, head and neck reconstruction, oculoplastic surgery, pediatric plastic surgery, hand transplantation
- Vascular Surgeons – Treat aortic aneurysm repairs, carotid endarterectomy, fenestrated and branched endografts, peripheral arterial disease, venous stasis ulcer treatments, varicose and spider veins
FIND A TOP10MD GENERAL SURGEON NEAR YOU
There are hundreds of General Surgeons to choose from; however, not all doctors are created equal. General Surgery takes the skill and finesse of an experienced General Surgeon. That’s why we’ve selected your city’s best General Surgeons – to make the decision process easier for you and your family.
For your peace of mind, Top10MD General Surgeons’ credentials are validated yearly to verify medical licenses have no serious patient care sanctions, current Board Certifications in their given medical specialty, current DEA & DPS licenses, and malpractice insurance. A Top10MD has at least 5+ years experience or has performed 300+ procedures in their given specialty and a current Patient Satisfaction Score of 8.5 or higher.