We have all heard of the different types of weight loss surgeries, but do you really know the difference between them? And how do you know which one is right the right procedure for you? Remember, the ultimate goal for weight loss surgery is not for appearance but for regaining your health.
- A silicone ring is placed around the top of the stomach and adjustments to eating habits are made.
- The stomach is reduced to 15% of its original size. The shape is similar to a banana or tube like structure.
- The stomach is divided into two sections, a small upper pouch, and a larger lower pouch. The small intestine is then connected to both pouches resulting in your food being processed differently.
Changes After the Surgery
- Eating habits – You will never eat the same again.
- Exercise habits – Maintaining weight loss requires exercise.
- Psychological changes – Most doctors recommend regular follow up appointments and 6-months nutritional and psychological counseling