Gynecomastia is usually not caused by any serious medical problems; in fact, its cause is rarely identified. However, because there are some medical problems that do cause gynecomastia, your first step is to see your family doctor to rule this out. Ten years ago, Dr. Wilcox developed a new procedure in which he removes the tissue through a small incision under the arm, and no scar/incision is placed on the front of the chest. No drainage tubes are necessary, and patients can return to their job in three days. Patients are “beach ready” in 6 weeks.
Nearly half of all men have enlarged breasts, a condition known as gynecomastia. If you are one of them, you know they can interfere with your quality of life. The goal of gynecomastia treatment is to reduce breast size and embarrassment caused by large breasts in men. There are several different methods used to reduce male breast size. Virtually all surgeons still use the same technique that has been in use for over 90 years leaving two half-moon scars around the areolae often quite visible and permanent.
With gynecomastia treatment, large breasts in men unlovingly referred to as man boobs, or ‘moobs’, can disappear and allow you to once again gain social confidence. You will finally be able to feel comfortable revealing the contours of your chest, whether clothed or unclothed. Plus, you will be able to enjoy your results permanently.
Should You Consider Gynecomastia Treatment?
- You are embarrassed to be without your shirt when swimming in public or participating in sports or exercise.
- You lack in social confidence due to the shape of your chest.
- You try to wear thick layers of shirts or compression to hide your man boobs.
- You want to improve your overall body proportion.
- You have visited with your family doctor to rule out any medical problems that may
- You are experiencing psychological discomfort associated with large male breasts.
Are You a Good Candidate for Gynecomastia Treatment?
- You are healthy and emotionally stable.
- You are healthy and within thirty pounds of your ideal body weight.
- You are a teenager and unhappy with the appearance of your breasts. Teens that have had gynecomastia for more than two years are unlikely to resolve.
- You have good skin elasticity. Successful gynecomastia surgery involves adequate skin contraction after your excess skin is removed.
- You experience physical discomfort because of your breasts.
- Diet and exercise does not reduce your breast size.
- You do not use marijuana, steroids or drink alcoholic beverages excessively (it is theorized that these substances may cause gynecomastia).
If you have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure. Talk to Dr. Wilcox about your concerns and plan the gynecomastia treatment course that will be best for you!
Dallas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Robert Wilcox is a highly respected member of the plastic surgery community and has served as the past President of the Dallas Society of Plastic Surgeons. With 20 years of experience, he has established an unsurpassed track record of surgical skill and integrity. Dr. Wilcox is the Founder and Director of the Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Center of Texas. Dr. Robert Wilcox has been named Top10MD for two years in a row. Only 1 in 3 doctors succeeds with this recognition in the United States. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Wilcox link to his profile, call 972.372.9313 or visit his website www.drwilcox.com today.